Re: [IP] Low blood sugars

If your son's blood sugars are going to 300-400 on one carb he is rebounding
from the low not the carb. Even if he doesn't read that low you may be
catching him on the way up from the liver dumping glucagon. I would re-
evaluate when he goes low-is it at certain times fo the day? If so-lower your
basals. If it is after a emal you may need to lower your bolus.
Have you read PUMPING INSULIN by John Walsh?

Sometimes I give Megan a snack when she starts running around a lot or goes
for a bike ride. But usually I check her bg first and put her in a temporary
basal rate. It is better for them to be a little high then to go low and
rebound really high.
I hope this helps!

Judy C.
send the next two lines in a message