Re: [IP] bolusing while on Vacation

Hey Frank,
I do about the same thing. One difference, I usually test about one hour after
the last bolus. If I'm near 200, I take another hit (bolus). Of course, taking
into account how large my last bolus was.

Another thing, depending on how large the meal (I'm a big eater) or how much
meat was in it, I also do a temporary basil increase of 40% for several hours.
Checking bgs  each 1 - 2 hours.

<< Hi Carol,
 Here are two things that I find helpful.  First, if its a long unpredictable
meal, I bolus as each course is brought to table.  You have to be careful, as
you end up 'stacking up insulin'.  Second, When eating anything out of my
experience I always check 2 hours afterwards.  That is about the time that my
Humalog should be peaked out.  Hope this helps and good luck.
 IDDM 15 yrs - 507 w/ Humalog 1 yr
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted