Re: [IP] Site Lump

Yes, it is probably a little site infection (like a big pimple -- these often
become abcesses).  While cleanliness problems can cause infections you can also
get them simply from the irritation of the needle rubbing in the subq tissue
making it more susceptible than it would normally be.  Humalog seems to
exacerbate the problem b/c with those sites.  Years ago, many pumpers had this
problem with Regular insulin (although as I remember Reg lasted about 3-5 days
then) so Velosulin was substituted.  I don't know what it is about velosulin
that offsets this problems but it really works.  Either you can mix your humalog
with velosulin or you can change your sets more often.  When you get lumps like
that lots of hot water -- compresses and some time in the shower -- will help
lots.  If it gets worse, you'll need to get a prescription for antibiotics from
a doctor.