Re: [IP] From Carol Wasson: bolusing while on Vacation

Try starting with the largest # of carbs you are absolutely sure is there and
bolus for it.  Check your timing -- if you timed your boluses right for eating,
test about 1/2 an hour after you finish eating (later if you took your bolus right
as or before you ate).  If your blood sugar is rising (greater than 150 and seems
to you to be going up) take one unit or the amount that will get you from where
you are to 80.  Check again an hour later (you can do this every 1/2 hour for 2-3
hours if you are meticulous).  Same thing except do not give the dose if your bg
dropped below 130.  Its a kind of catch up method but it sometimes offsets my
tendency to overestimate or to forget that restaurant meals with lots of fat can
be slow and to end up precariously low after eating.