Re: catalyst for Type I? [was [IP] Prednisone]

I was diagnosed w/diabetes at the age of 17 right in the midst of a
nasty viral infection.  I lost about 20 lbs and most of my physcial
stamina the month before.  Was down to 90 lbs.  Of course the dr. wanted
to discuss eating disorders.  I told him I was eating and DRINKING
everything in site.  It only took him about 20 minutes to figure out
what was really going on.  He was a 2nd year physician's asst.  I still
see him occasionally at my clinic.  I saw him last week, and was telling
him about my pump and my great A1c results since being on it.  He was
grinning from ear to ear.  He asked me if I remembered that he had
diagnosed me.  I said OH YEAH, and rattled off the exact day, month
year, and time.

My Aunt has had hypothyroidism most of her life, and my mother developed
hypothryroidism about 3 years ago.

One other uncle on my Dad's side developed type 1 at the age of 36.

No other type 1's or type 2's on either side of the family, except me
and my uncle.

Becky D.

--
Becky Draper