[IP] Camp Caution

Camp was a great and wonderful thing for me. I wish I had started much much
younger. I went to diabetic camp then on to a regular camp the following year
but I would like to drop in a word of caution.

Talk to your kids about some of the "bad" habits they find in other diabetics
as well as the good. Although kids are better informed then I was, back then I
had that feeling that if I ate sugar I would drop dead almost instantly (even
though I knew better logically) so when I saw kids doing things I never
dreamed of, my good habits went out the window.

I learned that kids took shots through blue jeans. I learned about using extra
drops of water to dilute urine tests. I saw "healthy" diabetics sneaking candy
and not getting sick.
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted