Re: [IP] Pump dropping experience

I use the IV 3000 and like it very much, but I have not written before
because I have insurance coverage.

If you still have the box of IV 3000, I would be pleased to have it.

Snail mail: 	Laurel Huff
		P.O. Box 37
		Towanda, IL  61776

I haven't dropped my pump much in the 3 months since I started pumping.
But I'm sure I will.

It occurred to me right away that I could easily drop it in the toilet
(having dropped other things there), so I always close the bowl lid when I
park my pump on the tank lid (such as when taking shower).  We tend to keep
it closed anyway, since we have one cat who thinks it is great fun to
splash around, and it is no fun to sit down on a wet seat!

--Laurel (Type 1 for 23 years; pumping with a MM507 since 5/15/98)

----------
> From: email @ redacted
> To: email @ redacted
> Subject: [IP] Pump dropping experience
> Date: Thursday, July 09, 1998 1:15 PM

     I guess I average over a drop a month.  While never 'fortunate' enough

     to send the pump swimming in the toilet, I have dropped it on
     carpeting, hard floors (wood, ceramic, stone) and other places.

     I also find the Tenders (or whatever version of them I happen to get
     this month) stay in without too much problem but I've had decent luck
     with catheters by the 'whole in the center' method prior to the
     tenders.

     By the way, if anyone LIKES Smith&Nephew IV3000 HIGH MVP Transparent
     Dressings I've found a box of 100 of them.  They are up for grabs to
     first taker.

     Actually, new pumps are pretty good with 'crashes'.  In the 'old days'

     we worried about our pumps commiting suicide WITHOUT any outside help.
     Run-away pumping happened back then as did disconnects, fall-outs and
     sudden-death (as well as batteries lasting only a day or three).

     Ahhhh the good old days ...  (Anyone who is having trouble adjusting
     to their new pump or wondering whether a pump is for them can write to

     me off-line.  If I've stayed with it for past 18 years despite the
     original five or six, there must be something I like about it).

send the next two lines in a message
info
end
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted