Re: [IP] MiniMed Low Battery Warning

Cindy Bon wrote:
> I have a quick question.  The other night at around 3 a.m. I thought I had a
> low battery warning.  Does the MiniMed tell you again that your battery is low
> or is that the only warning before the batteries die completely?  How long do
> you have from the initial warning until the pump stops operating?  Thank you
> in advance for any help you can give.

The Minimed507 gives a low battery warning, then a very low battery
warning, then a "Your pump has stopped" warning. (Where it gets the
power for the final warning I don't know!)

It depends on the quality of the batteries, how old, how well stored
etc, but you may get 7 days between the first and second warning.
Perhaps only 3 or 4. But there's no panic. I usually change mine within
a day
of the first warning. I know some people with even less money than me
will wait for the second warning before changing.

mailto:email @ redacted

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted