Re: [IP] MiniMed Low Battery Warning

email @ redacted wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a quick question.

OK, since I appear to be the only Quick around here I'll answer. <Grin>

The other night at around 3 a.m. I thought I had a
> low battery warning.  Does the MiniMed tell you again that your battery is low
> or is that the only warning before the batteries die completely?

It should say "Lo Bat" on the screen constantly when you aren't bolusing
or keying in something.

How long do
> you have from the initial warning until the pump stops operating?

With the rcommended batteries it should keep going for up to 9 days. Sometimes
batteries bought locally, as at Radio Shack or a jewelry dept, may not last as
long, since they sometimes stay on store racks a LOT longer and it affects the

Ted Quick
email @ redacted
Type 1 for 42+ years, MM506 pump for 4.6 years
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted