Re: [IP] Please help me!

> I am in tears! Megan's hip area looks like a pin cushion. She will not let me
> put in the Comfort or the Silouette. I do not know what to do except give her
> butt a rest and put her back on MDI. Any suggestions????
First, I only have my experience with Lily to judge but... I found
that her basal requirements will "jump" after a period of stability
to a new set point. You may need to carefully establish exactly what
her basal requirements are after ruling out site corruption problems,
alergy to the type of insulin (if it is Humalog), insertion problems,

RE: if it is just insertion problems,

In a pinch you could try the "straight" needle - it looks like a
non-bent "bent needle" set but is very small.. Lily used these for
about a year. They are very small and come with little wings of
adhesive to hold them on. Look at the picture on the mini-med site
under "products".

I assume you are using silohettes or equivalent now??
However, it sounds like you might be putting the set in too deep. I
really only needs to be under the skin a little - definetly not down
into the meat. The set does not have to be inserted all the way
either. Half inch is fine, just so the insertion point is well under
the protective edge of the tape.

Keep trying!! it is worth it in the end.

Michael <email @ redacted>
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted