[IP] diabetes and cancer?

Does anyone know if a person with Type I diabetes is at any greater risk
of developing cancers?  It seems to make sense that people with weak
immune systems would be more likely to develop cancers that are
environmentally linked.  Is this a correct assumption?  The reason I ask
is because Kayla's best friend is also 5, also diabetic, and just
recently diagnosed with neuroblastoma (a cancer that does have strong
environmental links).  Frankly, it scares the hell out of me.  Not that
I think Kayla is really in danger, but just that nagging 'mom' voice in
my head won't shut up!!!

Anyone know if people with diabetes are at greater risk for cancers,

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted