Re: [IP] Ouch Ouch Ouch

Miranda,

It's a (small?) infection -- if it is very small it is like a pimple, bigger
well...bigger.  The yellow fluid is pus.  Keep it clean and rinse in lots of
hot water (shower is good for this).  and with hot compresses and soft bandage
(to keep the pus from leaking on your clothes.  If the pus leaks out, it will
drain and quickly clear up.  The infection can move inside though.  That's one
reason the hot water helps -- it draws the infection to the surface.  If it
does not get better after 3-4 days, get an antibiotic perscription from a
doctor.  They used to give these out at the pimple stage but recent research
about antibiotics shows that taking them too much can cause your body to
become resistent to them.  They also cause other side effects.  Once in a
while they don't hurt but if you can kill the infection with hot water quickly
that's the best way.  Watch out for higher bgs for the next few days.  :-)