[IP] Veteran's Unite

     I had major kidney surgery and two months later I was diagnosed
     diabetic. Trauma?. No one in my family is diabetic. Who knows. Anyway,
     I have been diabetic for 27 years so I remember the only way to test
     was through a urine sample. You peed into a cup, put the pee in a test
     tube then dropped in a tablet and waited for the color to change. You
     were either negative, 1+, 2+, 3+ or 4+. This would only give you an
     idea of the range of your bg's.
     I was hospitalized for 3 weeks and I too gave shots of saline into an
     orange. But, I also had to practice on a nurse. I turned her arm a
     real nice shade of black and blue. After my first week back at home, I
     overslept, freaked out and called the hospital because I did not know
     what to do about my 35 units of beef NPH insulin.
     I had to get special treatment in school. At exactly 10 a.m. I had to
     go to the nurse's office and eat my mid morning snack.
     The only diet drink was Fresca!
     That's my story...Eugenia
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted