From: Cindy Arrowood <email @ redacted>
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] sweaty skin
Date: Friday, July 17, 1998 12:31 AM

Hello everyone out there. I read the FAQ about keeping your dressing in
place and have seen alot of  chat posted about it, but can't remember the
specifics. I am having trouble with my IV 3000 and tegaderm coming off
because I perspire under it. I got some clear liquid anti-perspirant. =
Could
someone tell me: do you put skin prep on then the anti-per., or no skin
prep, or anti-per. then skin prep. , or what? I have been: disinfecting
with chlorhexadine, inserting, covering the set with the IV 3000, putting =
little skin prep on that dressing, covering with another piece of
transparent dressing. The perspiration problem just started with our =
recent
heat wave of 80 degrees (forgive my whining if you're from Texas) here in
Seattle. I'd really appreciate as much info. as possible and quick as I am
going to a remote (boat/fly in only) island in the San Juans this weekend
for alot of sweaty hiking and I'd like to keep my dressing on, in a manner
of speaking.
Also, I went to a medical supply place and they were very helpful in
pointing me to cheaper brands of the same stuff we know and love. "Stat
Touch II" is the same as Hibiclens, costs 1/3 as much. And these
transparent dressings called EpiVIEW were about $.25 cheaper than =
tegaderm=20
which was $.90 each. Thanks pals. Cindy in Seattle

send the next two lines in a message
info
end
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted