Re: [IP] Re: I'm a Veteran, too!

In a message dated 7/16/98 10:05:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<<  How many of you remember or experienced learning how to do your
 injections using an orange and an insulin bottle filled with water?  >>
I remember that from early days in nursing.  I never did think it was the way
it should be taught..though maybe less threateneing, it only delayed the
inevitable.  I tell my patients "oranges are for eating!" Poking an orange is
a waste of time for most adult learners..  I am starting a lady on insulin  in
the AM.  Another aside to share with the group: my brother has just been
diagnosed with Type 2...BG in the low 400s...I knew one of us would get it!
Anyway, he wants to wait until after vacation to follow up about it. I told
him to DO IT NOW!!!!! Grrrrr....
Sorry to vent here.  Thanks.

Barbara B.
send the next two lines in a message