Re: [IP] Re: Re: Causes of Diabetes

> My
> doctor says type one is not hereditary.  I know many families who have more
> than one family member with type one.  Can anyone provide any written proof
> that type one is not hereditary.

Technically, Type I is NOT hereditary.  However, it IS genetic.  The
difference is that the faulty genes that can *sometimes* lead to Type I
can be inherited, but that does not mean that a person with those faulty
genes will become diabetic.  There are other factors involved.

Kayla got the faulty genes from me, probably, since my father is Type
I.  However, I am not.  Whatever chain of events has to happen in order
for diabetes to develop happened to Kayla, but not to me (at least not

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted