[IP] Megan is Better

Thank you everyone for all your suggestions! This morning before Megan woke up
I decided I was not going to give up on the pump or the infusion sets. Since
Megan wears the kind of set where the needle stays in at a direct angle I know
her sites are partially failing because she is a normal active kid!She weighs
only 48 pounds and has virtually no fat though I keep trying to fatten her up
a little!!

She uses a cartridge of insulin for about 2+ weeks. Since we had been outside
a lot in 100 degree weather I decided to throw that insulin out and the other
cartridge in the fridge just to be on the safe side.

Then I decided to change the cog-wheel(on her Disetronic) that drives the
insulin. That area stays wet a lot and the stem had corroded. It would not
spin freely when I took it out of the pump.

Her blood sugars have been very good today!! 115, 70 and 81. I am hoping that
this will solve my problem.

I would like some info and mixing Velosin with Humalog. I think this will help
too even if it's at a small mix of 5:1. I will look in old posts to see if I
can find this much written about subject!!

Judy C.
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted