Re: [IP] Re: Re: Causes of Diabetes

Well I thought I had heard/read that they HAD found a gene that was
linked to type I...acutally they found a few. (3?) no one of them seems
to be a "you will have diabetes" kind of indicator, but the presence of
any one of them seemed to say "keep a watch out" (I don't remember if
risk increased with multiple presences) -- It was fairly recent
(in the last few years)...But looking at it from another perspecitve, why
should it not be hereditary.  -- what causes it, an autoimmune response
to your beta cells....So that means that your body made antibodies to its
own cells, (granted it may have been trying to fight  off an infection at
the time)  The body isn't really supposed to do that.  Which indicates
some sort of protien synthesis error, hence a genetic trait, and we all
know where genes come from.  I have a father and a cousin who are IDDM
type I, as well as myself....not hereditary?  Its not hereditary in the
simple "if both parens have blue eyes what will the kid have" type
thing,, but there is definitly predisposition passed down.

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted