Re: catalyst for Type I? [was [IP] Prednisone]

I was diagnosed with type I diabetes almost six weeks after having a pnemonia.
Initially I thought that the severity of the  illness was what brought on my
diabetes; however, even though I am the first person to develop diabetes in my
family, I believe that I had the genetic predisposition for the disease.  My
mother developed hashimoto syndrome in her mid 30's, which is where the immune
system attacks and destroys the thyroid.  We also have asthma, dyslexia, and
other thyroid disorders on my mother's family line.  My son who is two is
battling serious allergies and life threatening asthma.  I worry that he will
also become a diabetic after one of his illnesses.
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted