[IP] Re: Humalog and Heat

In a message dated 98-07-15 22:16:50 EDT, Ted wrote:

<< Biggest problem seems to be site degradation or insulin, particularly
 losing strength from too much heat. Testing often helps detect when there's
 a problem like that, but most of the time it's very good.

I agree about losing absorption at the site with humalog in some people (as I
experience this myself although it took a year before this started happening)
but the heat and losing strength I'm unsure of. I have heard the site problem
repeated over and over with our list humalog users but not about the heat.

I shower with my pump which warms the insulin and I live in Houston with 100
degree temps and I have not noticed a problem. But I do not work all day in
the sun either.
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted