Re: [IP] backpacking and pumping

Bill,

Changing your infusion sets every 2-4 days will probably help (some people do
that anyway, but however much you change them you might have to do so a little
more often.  Humalog is hard to travel with (I just came back from a month trip)
b/c it needs to be refridgerated and its temperature needs to be fairly
constant.  We found that when the bottle warmed up and cooled off repeatedly it
seemed to be less effective after a week or so.  Those cooler packs work great
but on a backpack trip you might have trouble freezing the ice packs again each
night.  Velosulin is much more stable and although less responsive than
humalog.  Mixing them in your infusion set will help your set last longer.