Re: [IP] Finger & Toe tips

In a message dated 7/15/98 8:12:34 AM Mountain Daylight Time, email @ redacted

<< My doctor told me that I could also use my earlobes if my fingers got too
 - but never to use my toes.  I thought this was plain weird.  My fingers are
 now well calloused - I can pick up hot pans without flinching. ~DD >>

Hey!  Me too!  My family actually makes jokes about my asbestos fingers!  I've
always chalked it up to the fact that my fingers have spent a lot of time in
close proximity to a very hot iron (I'm a quiltmaker, have to press a lot of
seams) but now I wonder if it isn't because they are toughened in from bg
testing.  Incidentally, I have never been bothered by pricking my fingers for
a bg test because it is very similar to the pricking done with a quilting

Mary Jean
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted