Re: [IP] Finger & Toe tips

At 10:11 AM 7/15/98 -0400, DD wrote:

>My doctor told me that I could also use my earlobes if my fingers got too
sore
>- but never to use my toes.  I thought this was plain weird.  My fingers are
>now well calloused - I can pick up hot pans without flinching. ~DD

Does anyone know of a way to "aim" the drop of blood from your earlobe, so
it hits the test strip right on target? I know that you can use "pipettes"
or some thing like that, but one of my goals is to reduce the amount of
equipment I need to cart around with me.

This stands to be a somewhat humorous thread, but I've always wondered
about using the earlobes. Seems like there's some real possibilities here,
if we can just figure out a way to get the blood to the strip without
ending up on everything else ;-)

"PARDON ME SIR, I NOTICE YOU HOLDING YOUR EAR. ARE YOU HARD OF HEARING?" My
response: "No, I'm just testing my blood sugar, please don't yell" ;-)

Bob Burnett

mailto:email @ redacted