From: Bill Meador <email @ redacted>
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] backpacking and pumping
Date: Tuesday, July 14, 1998 8:53 PM

I subscribed to the list in February and since then have picked up a =
wealth
of information from the list.  Got a pump (Minimed 507) about two months
ago and am really loving it.  Usually I just quietly listen, but I have =
some
questions for a change:-)

I am going on a 8 day backpacking trip in August to Wyoming (Wind River
range) and am wondering what precautions I need to take.

Do I need to take any special precautions with the pump because of =
altitude?
  (9000 to 13000 feet)

What about the heat and its effect on my insulin (both in the pump and the
extra
I carry along)?  I am using Humalog, by the way.

I will have to do at least one set change along the way.  Any special
considerations
needed?

Any suggestions for a new pumper (and a new backpacker) would be
appreciated.

send the next two lines in a message
info
end