Re: [IP] requesting funny stuff

Further to a request for funny stuff:

I regularly do public speaking engagements in the area for the local branch
of the Canadian Diabetes Association.  My talk usually foucsses on what is
diabetes, what are the warning signs and what is the CDA.  I have found
that interjecting personal experiences is helpful in terms of getting
people to pay attention and relate to a person who actually has the
disease.

Some of my most common talks are with the Lions Clubs.  Most gatherings are
quite large (over 70 people) and being Lions - all men.  I always like to
tell them how bad my health was before I went on the pump and begin by
telling them how often I would loose consciousness due to low blood sugars.
 You know some of the stories...I passed out in a restaurant, at school,
after dinner, in the night.  I still haven't explained to the men some of
the things that can cause low blood sugars.

Then I tell them how I passed out on the first night of my honeymoon, in
bed, in New Orleans.  I forgot the Glucagon and my new husband had to try
to pry my mouth open and scape the very old Dextro tabs across my teeth.
No luck.  He finally called the ambulance and I ended up in the emergency
department.  By now, the Lions are looking very sympathetic towards me.
When I tell them that over excitement sometimes leads to low blood sugars
all I can see is smiles and hear whistling.  Now they are not feeling
sympathy towards me but praise for my husband.  After all, the Lions think
he MADE me pass out on the first night of our honeymoon--- due to all the
excitement and his wonderful skill

I never have explained that I was so tired from the wedding the day before
that I laid down - alone - to rest.  My husband was in the other room of
the hotel making plans for the next day!

I guess everyone (man or woman) deserves to be thought of as some sort of
Love God.

PJB in Niagara Falls

----------
> From: Joseph Diffee <email @ redacted>
> To: email @ redacted
> Subject: [IP] requesting funny stuff
> Date: Thursday, June 25, 1998 12:09 AM

Hello group,
    O'kay I am making a public plea for funny stuff related to diabetes
and/or the pump.  Anything...anything at all.  I already have a lot of
good stuff (low stories & pump names) but I WANT MORE!!!!!!  You can
e-mail to group or me personally.   Actually ironic and wierd could
actually work too.  Or maybe something a NONdiabetic has said to you
that made you want to laugh in their face (like a pick-up line I got the
other day after a guy had asked about my pump...he says, "I knew when I
saw you that you were too sweet!  Puke, puke, ha, ha.)  Anything at
all...SEND IT ON!!!   Thanks - Tonya D.  :-)           email @ redacted

send the next two lines in a message
info
end