[IP] Tequila, Rum, and diabetic control

Okay, talking about tequila, I have a question.  After drinking, my BG
tends to drop somewhat a little later.  I don't drink much, or often,
but after the initial difficulty, for two or three days afterwards my BG
is easier to control and seems less irratic.  Someone told me that this
may be because the liver releases several chemicals which affect the BG
and maybe after drinking my liver is somewhat less sensitive.  Maybe
it's just a coincidence, but does this happen to anyone else?? I'm about
to start taking a shot of rum every other evening with dinner.