Nanette or Chana, (what should we call you?)  I pretty much go by Bob's method
also except I haven't used my thumbs.  I haven't a clue why I haven't.  I
guess I'll have to try them.  I use the softclix and they hurt less to me.
Also the adjustable lancet device allows me to have a shallower prick on my
little fingers.  I have not had any problems with my fingers yet.  However,
the PAIN.  You have not been diabetic very long and I think that is why the
pain is worse.  When I first started pricking my fingers I thought the pain
was Horrific!   Now, it doesn't bother me.  It reminds me of when I was a
child and every time I gave a shot with those big fat steel needles, I would
cry.  Then, one day, I quit crying and it didn't hurt anymore.  I know this
sounds kind of sad, but I think as diabetics, we get used to a certain degree
of pain because, basically, we have to.  I think in time the pain of this will
lessen.  I don't know if that is helpful, but it is just my thoughts on the
subject.  ellen
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted