[IP] Re: Kim starting Pump

     It's exciting that Kim will start on the pump tomorrow.  My daughter
Marisa (8) started on a Disetronic on June 9.  It takes extra effort on a
parent's part that first month as you learn  about the pump and adjust basals
and boluses, but it is so worth it all.  Marisa is doing great.  She loves her
pump.  Today she went to Diabetic Camp about 3 hours away, up in the
mountains.  She is the only pumper at camp this week, but we feel assured that
the medical staff can handle her pump just fine.  She is very independent but
will need some help with her bolus amounts.  She was thrilled about going to
camp!  Keep us posted on Kim's progress.  She'll do just fine!
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted