Re: [IP] Humalog and other questions

>Hi everyone.  I only joined the listserv a couple of weeks ago.  The profile I
>left was quite cryptic because I've never joined a listserv before and didn't
>know what they were all about.  Now that I'm getting how it works, I thought I'd
>give it a try and throw some questions I have out there.  Just to provide some
>background, I was diagnosed 11 years ago when I was 14.  I started on the
>Minimed 506 (using QR softset) 2+ years ago.  I think I'm doing all I can to
>attain good control for my diabetes, but a recent visit with the doctor told me
>otherwise.  He said my counts are too sporadic, usually on the high side, and I
>really need to consider rethinking how I'm managing things.  In reality, I think
>I do quite well.  I try to exercise 3-4 days a week and take a weekly yoga
>class, I eat based on the food pyramid, (calculating boluses by carbo counting),
>I check my sugars 5-10 times a day, I keep meticulous daily records of
>everything (from blood sugars to boluses, meals, exercise, how I feel,
>medications I take, etc...), and I try not to stress the small stuff.  Still, I
>can't seem to obtain decent control.  One thing I'm going to do is start using
>Humalog in the pump.  I was weary in doing so because I know it hasn't been
>formally approved for pump use, and if for some reason the pump is
Also welcome to the group.  Some of us are as new as you when it comes to being on a list.  My endo had no problem when it came to the type of insulin to put in my pump.  I had been on Humulog for over a yr.  It works faster.  Very simply put--tell endo to get some Humulog.  As the saying goes "try it.  you'll like it." :-).  Get your basal rate figured out and life will appear to get better.  I have a question for you-why would you want to do a vacation from your pump?  I feel like I'm on vacation all the time now.  Let me know how it all works out for you.

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted