Re: [IP] Will the true canula volume please stand up?

email @ redacted wrote:
> Anyway, on the paper cover of the set it lists "deadspace" which I assume to
> mean the volume of the empty canula.

That's right, I'm sure.

 The weird thing is, on the package with
> the complete set (tubing and everything) it says the deadspace is .01 ml (1.0
> unit) and on the package with the canula only, the deadspace is listed as
> .0075 ml or .75 units.  These came from the same box and have identical lot
> numbers and expiration dates.
> So, now I'm confused again as to the "real" volume of a
> Silhouette/Tender/Comfort set.  This info is printed on the paper covering the
> plastic "tray" that the sets come in and has the MiniMed logo on it.  I
> suppose I should write to MM and try to get the straight scoop from them.  I
> am curious of anyone who uses a tender or comfort could look on their
> packaging and see if it says anything about "deadspace".

My Comfort sets say largely the same thing, though I read the complete set pack
as saying 0,16 ml and the canula only pack says 0,0075 ml. Mind you the Danes
use commas for decimal points. That is a bit different from what you typed.
Sounds like they included the deadspace in the entire hose on the complete
set and just the canula on the smaller pack. Makes sense that way, since it's
literally true that what's in the package takes that much to fill it.

Check the decimal places again to be sure.

Ted Quick
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted