Re: [IP] pump dropped from a great height

I have also dropped my 504 several times, and there was only one time
that I did any real damage. I often walk out of the bathroom only to
realize that my tubing is hooked around the vanity cupboard handle.
Needless to say, I get yanked back into the bathroom rather quickly.

The one time that I injuried my pump, it fell from quite a great height,
on to the cold porcilian of the toilet. I don't think it was a water
damage issue but the inpact was just too much for the plastic to handle.
My private insurance covered the repair and the loaner I used while it
was repaired. My 504 went on to work for several years after that repair
and only died a natural death in April 1998 .
(lived 11 years old ;cause of death: depleated internal battery)

CathRN

Catherine Hutchison
Toronto, Ontario
email @ redacted

>From: "Paula Berketo" <email @ redacted>
>To: <email @ redacted>
>Subject: Re: [IP] pumps dropped
>Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1998 08:10:24 -0400
>
>I have had my pump almost eight years and have dropped it at least
eighty
>times.  Ok, I am a bit clumsy, but my Mini-Med 504 never stopped
working.
>Yes it has fallen in the toilet, fallen in a change room, fallen on the
>concrete deck beside a pool, fallen many times on my kitchen floor
after
>the tubing gets caught on the drawer handles.  Believe it or not, the
>infusion set has never been pulled out despite the fact that the pump
has
>occasionally been swinging on the end of the tube!!  I have even
slammed
>the tubing in the car door, driven for over an hour and then realized
what
>I had done when I got out of the car.  No damage to the tubing.
>
>It is wonderful that these pumps (or at least mine) are so resistant to
>crashing on hard things (unfortunatley there seems to be little chance
of
>getting my new pump covered by insurance by saying it broke when it
fell!!
>;.).
>
>PJB in Niagara Falls
>
>By the way----
>

>JOHN NEALE - WHAT DO YOU DO PROFESSIONALLY?
>
>----------
>> From: James P Lyons <email @ redacted>
>> To: email @ redacted
>> Subject: Re: [IP] pumps dropped
>> Date: Wednesday, July 08, 1998 12:54 PM
>>

>> 14 months on the pump and I haven't dropped it in the toilet yet.  As
>matter
>> of fact, I have yet to drop it anywhere :-)
>>
>> Cindy
>
>Well... I haven't dropped it in the toilet, but I have dropped it...
but