[IP] re funny lizard/diabetes stories

Okay... I have to tell this one.  I keep... well... exotic animals on
occasion.  A friend calls me one evening in an obvious panic.  Animal
control is closed, and there is one HUGE snake in his front tree.  I
come over only to find that the police have arrived and are only scaring
the animal and convincing it to retreat deeper into the tree.  Luckily
they had a ladder.  I climb up and retrieve an 8 foot Burmese python
from the tree.  She was probably more than happy to see something warm
to crawl around, and I figured that I probably didn't resemble the food
of choice for pet pythons. (Rats or rabbits)  I then realize that I'm
getting low so my friend grabs the dex tabs from the car to give me, but
refuses to get close to the snake I have draped around my shoulders.  He
drops the tabs and backs off s-l-o-w-l-y.   I was glad the snake was a
baby Burmese.  There was no way I was going up in a tree after a 24 ft
long Reticulated python.  Turns out the snake was getting bigger than
parents ever thought possible so they told their teenage son to get rid
of it.  (It's pretty hard to get rid of an 8 ft python.)  So this moron
decides to turn it loose!!!