From: Paula Berketo <email @ redacted>
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] pumps dropped
Date: Thursday, July 09, 1998 7:10 AM

I have had my pump almost eight years and have dropped it at least eighty
times.  Ok, I am a bit clumsy, but my Mini-Med 504 never stopped =
working.=20
Yes it has fallen in the toilet, fallen in a change room, fallen on the
concrete deck beside a pool, fallen many times on my kitchen floor after
the tubing gets caught on the drawer handles.  Believe it or not, the
infusion set has never been pulled out despite the fact that the pump has
occasionally been swinging on the end of the tube!!  I have even slammed
the tubing in the car door, driven for over an hour and then realized what
I had done when I got out of the car.  No damage to the tubing.

It is wonderful that these pumps (or at least mine) are so resistant to
crashing on hard things (unfortunatley there seems to be little chance of
getting my new pump covered by insurance by saying it broke when it =
fell!!=20
;.).

PJB in Niagara Falls

By the way----

JOHN NEALE - WHAT DO YOU DO PROFESSIONALLY?

----------
> From: James P Lyons <email @ redacted>
> To: email @ redacted
> Subject: Re: [IP] pumps dropped
> Date: Wednesday, July 08, 1998 12:54 PM
>=20

>=20
> 14 months on the pump and I haven't dropped it in the toilet yet.  As a
matter
> of fact, I have yet to drop it anywhere :-)
>=20
> Cindy

Well... I haven't dropped it in the toilet, but I have dropped it... =
but=20
it has yet to hit the floor... seems for some reason the adheasive =
really=20
likes my skin, cause the pump littereally has fallen off my lap, and =
been=20
caught, byt tubing, dangling off my belly...and the infusion set stayed=20
in. (this has happened a couple of times) I use tenders, with nothing=20
else around them.... maybe i'm just lucky....

-James-
send the next two lines in a message
info
end