Re: [IP] Trigger Finger

email @ redacted wrote:
> Eugenia, I THINK I have trigger finger, but I do not know for sure.  I thought
> at first it was arthritis and that dr. told me about tmt. with shots or pills.
> I can't remember now.  My endo said it was neuropathy which seemed reasonable
> at the time.  A person at this site described "trigger finger" and it sounded
> EXACTLY like what I had.  Is "trigger finger" a form of neuropathy?

No, not at all. Trigger finger is caused by swelling in the tendons or the
surrounding them where they go around the knuckles. The tendon gets stuck at a
certain point and won't move easily past that point till forced, then "triggers"
(or pops) past it without being able to stop for 10 degrees or so. Very
but can't be confused with arthritis pain or stiffness. Mind you, it DOES hurt,
but only when passing the stickage point going either way.

Ted Quick
email @ redacted
Trigger finger sufferer once upon a time, a cortizone shot cleared it up for me.
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted