Re: [IP] Trigger Finger

Eugenia Gracer wrote:
>      I had a cortisone injection in my left ring finger which has been
>      diagnosed as a trigger finger. I had two unexplained elevations in my
>      bg's. I went from 125 to 176 to 141 (after ballet with pump on and not
>      temp basal rate) to 276 before bedtime. It could have been related to
>      stress because it sure did hurt like a bitch when I got the injection
>      of Novocain and then cortisone. The doc told me that this usually
>      lasts for a while but then surgery is usually inevitable. Has anyone
>      else experienced this?

Yes, cortizone plays hob with bg levels. Always pushes it up, and it stays
there for a day or more, depending on details. I had it for a trigger finger
some years back and that's what happened to me. Fortunately that was all I
needed, haven't had to have surgery and no repeat of the trigger finger.

Ted Quick
email @ redacted
Type 1 for 42+ years, using MM506 insulin pump for last 4.5
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted