Re: [IP] Insurance is backpedaling on paying

Hi Kasey --

> Okay gang, I need some help here.  My insurance company is doing a major
> song and dance now about approving the pump for Kayla.  For those of you
> that need refreshing, here's a little history:  Kayla is 5.  Our
> insurance company (Government Employees Hospital Association) has never
> had a diabetic that young requesting a pump, so they decided to pay for

Never heard of a GEHA action so gross!  They've approved *me* for
90% ( after payment of their $175 co-payment ).  I *may* get word of
my pump's "coming" when I visit my internist next.  It's taken since late
Mar 98 to get this pump.  I certainly hope it's worth it.  <g>

Granted Kayla is young, but I'm *old*.  She can get much better control
for much longer with her pump than I'll ever be able to.  Be sure to tell
them she'll be in *much* better control, and that she'll become so used
to the pump, she'll "forget she's wearing it.:

You've got the 6 week BG tests?  SEND THEM TO GEHA, and tell
them she's *still learning* to use it.  Do this particularly if her test
in the 6 week period are "better" than in the initial period.

Hope this helps.

John Huff, Dayton OH
( type 1, dx @ 18 months, now 61 )
mailto:email @ redacted