[IP] LXN "duet" meter

Wondered if anyone out there had tried a new meter called the LXN "duet"?
it measures fructosamine, as well as normal blood plasma, I believe.  A
fructosamine test is apparently similar to an HbA1c, but the time period is
two weeks, rather than a quarter.  I think this is going to be marketed more
toward Type II diabetics who don't test at all (so they can at least get a
sense of the trend line, since many of them don't see physicians every
quarter), but I actually like it for myself.  I purchased it at the ADA;
they had a special, but even so, it was expensive ($250); my "flexible
benefits" money for the year, luckily, is holding out (because I'm in a
trial for a new long-acting insulin by Hoechst, so I don't have to pay for
strips!), so my work will pay for it.  Am not sure if insurance will pay for
it otherwise; strips are expensive, too, though I got 16 in this package, so
I should be good for over half a year.

Anyway, was curious, with all the talk of monitors, if anyone had heard of
this one.  Also, wondered if anyone had any comments about Minimed's new
continuous monitor coming out?  I believe the first phase will be used as a
diagnostic tool for physicians and as a hypoglycemic alarm.  Not sure yet
that my insurance will pay for, but am checking it out now.  Sounds like
when it's a substitute monitor for regular testing, they would pay.
Eventually, I believe this will be intertwined with the pump, but before
that happens, was curious if people would wear it--guess it would be like
having a second pump, and you could see your blood glucose reading anytime.
Anyway!  As always, appreciate any feedback.  I am going on the pump in
three weeks (when the trial is over)--can't wait!  I know the initial period
is said to be rocky, but I am looking forward to improving control further.

Thanks again, kelly

mailto:email @ redacted
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted