Re: [IP] Nanette, choosing a pump

Those are all good reasons but don't they all also apply to sofsets?  I get the advantages but I'm confused about the generalization in your first post and the qualities you list here for the Silhouettes that several of the infusion sets also share (I haven't seen a metal needle in years b/c I had so many problems in the 11 years or so I battled with them but I have a fleeting impression that they have changed a bit in design from the original needle at the end of a tube model).  None of these reasons separate the 2 kinds of sets for me.  I guess I still want to know what additional characteristics make the Silhouettes so much better (especially if I am going to all the trouble to change :-))!

Richard Aleksander wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Ruth Elowitz <email @ redacted>
To: email @ redacted <email @ redacted>
Date: Thursday, July 02, 1998 6:17 PM
Subject: Re: [IP] Nanette, choosing a pump

>Why should all pumpers be using the Silhouette (or D-Tender)?  any inside

(1)Teflon canula flexes when wearer does.  Metal needles don't and sting
when flexed.

(2)Quick disconnect (at canula) feature unavailable with needles or sof-sets
(5" tail).

(3)Compact size of infusion site.  Only about one square inch of skin is
covered by adhesive.

(4)No additional taping or waterproofing is needed.

(5)Visibility of infusion site.

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted