Ministers Are Human Too (Was [IP] Accu-Chek Complete & Camit)

Hi Randall,

I hope you get out of your anniversary depression soon.  I, for one,
know that Pastors/Ministers are mere humans just like the rest of us.

Several years ago, I was attending a certain non-denominational
Christian church.  The Associate Pastor of this particular church was a
recovered (reformed?) alcoholic/addict.  He was a really neat guy.
However, the pressure of his calling was too much for him and he slipped
back into his old ways.  He stepped down from his position at the
church's annual New Year's Eve Praise and Worship (all night) service.
It shocked so many people so badly that it almost caused a church
split.  Last I heard, though, the guy is doing well now.

I can remember my Father saying many times (and he has never been a
church going man) "There has only been one perfect person on the face of
this earth ... and look what they did to Him!"

Sorry this post was long and off topic but I felt I had to reply to this
one.  Please don't flame me.

<< I'm having one of those weeks - this is "anniversary week" - sixteen
years ago I went into the hospital with the initial diagnoses of
diabetes and was given my first shot of insulin.  A few minutes later
I was "bawled out" by the head nurse on the floor for "letting myself
get in such shape and not taking my insulin and obeying my doctor's
orders" - she never even read beyond the word "diabetes" on the
chart and just assumed I was non-compliant.  In her best
"professional outrage" manner she proceeded to "educate" me...  and
even though the diabetes teaching nurse confronted her about this
being bad behavior she never even admitted that it happened.  Several
of the other nurses and aides who witnessed it apologized to me
afterwords and said that one of them should have jumped her when she
started her tirade....  the memories of that that coupled with the
"encouragement" fom the doctor that I'd probably die in a few years
always makes the week before the 4th of July a bad one.  And these
kind of experiences also help make me wary of "medical professionals"
even though several of my friends fall into that category.

Probably shocked some of you that ministers have difficulty with
things like this...  but we're human too.  And this ol'boy
is painfully aware of it this week...

Randall Winchester >>

		If your Bible is in good shape ...
		Your life probably isn't!