Re: [IP] I can't explain this...

At 10:05 PM 7/2/98 EDT, you wrote:
>In a message dated 7/2/98 10:18:04 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
>email @ redacted writes:
><< I don't
> understand it.... there isn't anything *in* coffee...except caffiene..  >>
>Caffiene can stimulate adrenaline release in many people..it is your fast
>acting stress hormone...and it does raise BG in some people. Do you get the
>same effect if drinking it cold, as in cold cola drinks?

Well... I don't drink coffee cold... (you know what that tastes like?!?)
... if I do it tends to be sweetened and I bolus...(like oh say -- those
nescafe "cold coffee" drinks.... not really the same thing)

Do you think temperature has something to do with it?  I drink caffinated
sodas by the truckload (especially when at school and working late into the
mornings) and I don't tend to notice anything...

I suppose the next question would be if the same effect occurs in decaf

I suppose its time to experiment....

At least a few other people have agreed that it does occur.... makes me
feel better.

http://www.seas.upenn.edu/~jameslyo                            Box 239
James Lyons                                             3910 Irving St.
215-417-3016                               Philadelphia, PA 19104-6007
ICQ UIN#: 3404152
Honesty is the best policy, but insanity is the best defence.

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted