Re: [IP] I can't explain this...

> But coffee can prompt
>your adrenal glands to pump out adrenaline, and this then causes your
>liver and muscles to dump their stored glucose into the blood stream.
>This is standard medical stuff. So why the "coffee effect" is not widely
>acknowledged I don't know.

This is a common "effect" which keeps surfacing in the misc.health.diabtes

For just the reasons mentioned above by John; many diabetics and
hypoglycemics must take coffee/caffine into account in the meal planning.

Fortunately i don't seem to respond ot caffine in this way so my daily pot
or two of coffee is OK here! ;-) ;-) ;-)

Darrin Parker
email @ redacted   Nova Scotia, Canada!

Check out:  http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Spa/4750/intro.htm  and go
FORWARD to "The Article".