Re: [IP] Nanette, choosing a pump

The SofSet "fits" the Disetronic - the connecting hub on the infusion set
is pretty standard. The Disetronic pumps at a higher pressure than the
MiniMed does. (I forget the exact details, but it's more). The higher
pressure will cause insulin to "back up" through the little hole in the
SofSet where the insertion needle goes. Obviously not good.

I can't remember where I read this, but it makes perfect sense to me.

mailto:email @ redacted

>I'm not sure why, but apparently the Sofset doesn't fit onto the
>Disetronic, although the Disetronic sets fit the Minimed... go figure...

Bob Burnett

mailto:email @ redacted

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted