Re: [IP] Accu-Chek Complete & Camit & Meters

I just talked to the Accu-Check rep here who Janet put me in touch with
about their newest meter which is supposed to be especially designed for
pump users.  She said that they help up releasing the software in order to
incorporate feedback from their initial trial users.  There is some
software that some doctor's offices have but it doesn't do much so while
she said she could understand my wanting to control it myself, at this
point she thought I'd be very disappointed.  She said that the many
complaints about not having software ready had helped them to decide to go
ahead and release it in 1-3 months without further changes to the concept
(in other words, with the already decided on changes and with technical
adjustment).  She was quick to emphasize (before I had managed to bring
the subject up actually)  that they want individuals to be able to control
the meter and use the software in conjunction with their pumps.  It sounds
like the bottom line is that yes, it's coming, it mostly addressing the
needs of pumpers and it will be made easily available as soon as it is
actually finished.  I haven't seen the meter yet but am hoping it is small
enough to slip in a purse and hide under the table.

    I just received a Fast Take meter from Lifescan -- it's great!  Small,
easy to use, less blood, small test strips vial.  It has revised all of
the meter features I hate in all the earlier Lifescan meters (i.e. too
big, too clumsy, too loud, too long, too inconvenient to do without
looking, poor case design, too much blood, big clunky strip bottles to
carry arounc), but it only records150 test results.  It does record them
with date and time info (better than the Precision Meter), but
unfortunately doesn't let you enter carbs, inulin, boluses, etc.  It can
soon be integrated with the Profile in the In Touch Program (which I don't
have and don't know if I want to buy yet).  If they could only get this
meter to record carbs, basal and boluses than it would be the best carry
around meter!  I don't know why they can't do both?  It seems logical that
if you need a small, fast, portable meter than you also need one that
keeps track of what you were doing all day.

    So, while we are on the subject of meters, anyone want to add any
others that addresses computer compabilit, bolus/carb/bg memory/
size/convenience/ease of case?  I remember some people recently mentioning
a Bayer meter?

Thanks all,

Ruth