[Previous Months][Date Index][Thread Index][Join - Register][Login]
[Message Prev][Message Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
[IP] Nanette, choosing a pump
I made the decision on choosing which pump a month ago. I went with
Minimed overwhelmingly because
1) they're a bigger company and an american company -- so you don't have
to worry about foreign markets or wars or anything like that. i couldnt
even find a stock for disetronic!
2) they have a continuous glucose monitor well underway which shows
they're very forward looking. they also come out with new versions more
often than disetronic. and when minimed closes the loop between the pump
and the monitor, i'll be first in line for an artificial pancreas!
3) it looks nicer and has a backlight so you can check out the pump during
a movie or at night
4) their video was 1000x times better which means they really care about
customer service. the president was on the video and spoke so caringly
that i really believe minimed has the utmost care and commitment towards
5) has the square wave bolus feature, and the new version can be hooked up
to a computer for downloading.
6) has automatic set injector, so make sure the set goes in without
bending the cannula
.. and many more! Good luck making your decision -- Miranda
Ann Arbor, Michigan
"Watch the stars, and from them learn. To the Master's honor all must turn,
each in its track, without a sound, forever tracing Newton's ground."
--Albert Einstein, translation by Dave Fredrick
Insulin-Pumpers website http://www.bizsystems.com/Diabetes/
For subscribe / unsubscribe information,
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted