Re: [IP] MM507c upgrade, anyone got the scoop?

>The difference as far as I know between the 507 and 507c is that the
>507c has computer connect capabilities and can have up to 48 basal rates.
>
>Sue W wrote:
>
>> Hi Wade,
>>
>> You might try sending a message to Bill Van Antwerp.  He works for
>> MiniMed and is a member of this list.  His e-mail address is
>> <mailto:email @ redacted>.  If he can't help you, he can probably point
>> you to someone that can.  You might also try calling MiniMed's 800 phone
>> number.
>>
>> Good luck.
>>
>> << I was wondering if anyone has info on upgrading to the MiniMed 507c
>> from the 507.  I saw a thread that asked the question and never saw
>> an answer.  Anyone, anyone?
>> Wade Wingler >>

Stuart, This is the explaination I received on the 507c.  48 basals instead of 12 (for European mkt).  35 units in basal instead of 25 (for iv. if necessary) New generation pump will hopefully incorporate glucose sensor in body of pump--as opposed to separate unit.  New generation pump lag time 3-4 yrs.  This came from my rep.  He said the 507 was just fine.  Hope this helps you.  I heard about the 507c and needed to know the difference too and this was just a few days after being connected to the 507.  Great timing.  Have a nice day :)  Donna

http://www.mailexcite.com