Re: [IP] my race

In a message dated 7/1/98 12:49:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time, email @ redacted

<< I mentioned that I
 woke at 44 on Monday morning, day after my race, but I didn't mention that
 I gave myself my morning wake-up bolus, and a breakfast bolus, then went
 slowly to the shower, and by the time I was done and trying to get dressed,
 I was completely incoherent and unable to think straight, forgot about my
 breakfast altogether, was trying to figure out whether I should wear
 cycling shorts for underwear or just go to the office in them (???!!!!) --
 and I concluded the dilemma by laying down on the bed and passing out, not
 to recover until 9 am. >>
Oh, my!!!!!!  I think you really do need to consider a basal rate reduction
afterwards.  Looks like you didn't need that wake up bolus either, especially
after waking up with a 44.  Did anyone ever suggest that you subtract from the
meal bolus when under 70 or 80?  Or wait to bolus when you are about to put
food in your mouth?  Not being critical, here, but it would be safer than just
passing out on the bed or creating another "adventure in hypoland".

Barbara B.
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted