[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V13 #1502 different pump

  I was never a fan of Medronics because of stories like the two on v13 #1501 .
I have heard many horror stories about Medtronics public relations. I went from
Animas to Tandems T slim G4 and have a year to go before my warranty runs out
and I can upgrade to one of Tandems newer if available a closed loop system. I
called the corporate offices'and actually spoke to an officer of the company
with my concern with their switching from the luer lock infusion sets to their
own propietary connection. They made sure to have a sales rep drive well over 2
hours to bring me many many samples of their new sets.Medtronics is a very very
agressive sales force agressively seeing doctors and promoting their products. (
I use the Medtronics Quick sets) and am running out of the Quick sets and will
have to switch to their new sets and cartridges, oh well,Tandem seems to be a
nicer company and I do not let my doctors decide which pump is rtgt for me. I
also use the Dexcom CGM which is the on!
  ly CGM approved by Medicare and my insurance company. Please don't let you non
diabetic doctor tell you which pump is right for you. > On January 2, 2019 at