From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of Dick Wasserstrom
Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2018 9:12 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] not enrolling in Part D

Therebs a penalty for each year that you were enrolled in Medicare and
elected not to enroll in Medicare-D, the drug part of MC. I havenbt done MC
counseling for quite some time, but as I recall itbs 1% of the average
premium for a PartbD plan. But itbs a cumulative 1% penalty, so it can add
up, although just delaying for 1 year wonbt add too much to your premium
when you do enroll. In general, if people didnbt take any prescription
drugs, we tended to advise folks to enroll in the plan with the cheapest
monthly premium, since you can change your drug plan each year. There should
be a HICAP (sometimes called SHIP) office in every county and they do free
MC counseling. If you donbt want to bother with them and have additional
questions, feel free to email me. Dick Wasserstrom .
Make a long URL short at http://type1.org Donate with every purchase
http://smile.amazon.com/ (select your charity = Insulin Pumpers)