Re: [IP] Re: Medicare & Drug Plans

 Judi - Medicare Part B and a MI supplemental plan will split the cost of
insulin for a pump 80/20. Walgreens is the best pharmacy in Michigan to get the
insulin for your for pump.

 Depending on the experience of the specific Walgreens staff, you may have to do
some education about billing Medicare Part B for the insulin (and thatbs
assuming your endocrinologist has written the prescription to Medicarebs
requirements). You will also need to supply them with your pump brand, serial #,
who bought it and when it was purchased. You can purchase several types of
insulin - Humalog or Novolog - Ibm not what other ones.

 Itbs my understanding that some Medicare Advantage plans that are HMObs - do
not cover insulin for pumps.
Good luck.
Julie
drjabooth @gmail.com