[IP] Pump vacation Pen Question

 I've set things up for a pump vacation, and have one question....someone here
mentioned the Novolog Echo pen because it does 1/2 units delivery. My HMO wants
$184 for the pen, the Novo rep didn't even feel this is a do-able thing. Is the
pen available anywhere for a good price? Are cartridges more costly than
disposable pens? I can't believe they do not have any pen solutions for low dose
folks...(and I have a Humalog allergy so no can do their pens.)
Laura